|Location:||St Petersburg, Florida
|Company:||HCA West Florida|
Cardiac Catheterization and EP LabFounded in 1976, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility located in the heart of South Pinellas County, Florida. Northside Hospital is part of the HCA West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West and Central Florida communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
Northside Hospital is a multidisciplinary cardiovascular center located in the heart of Tampa Bay, Florida. Everything about our program is designed with heart patients and their families in mind. Physicians and nurses are achieving some of the best patient outcomes in America, and our heart program is widely known for introducing new cardiac procedures and mastering the latest invasive and non-invasive techniques. Northside's Cardiac Cath and EP Lab staffs are committed to ensuring our patients have access to the highest levels of diagnostic and interventional care available.
· Number of Rooms: 4 Consisting of: 1 Electrophysiology Lab, 2 Cardiac and Interventional rooms and 1 Endovascular Suite.
· Pre and Post Holding and Recovery Area
· Number of Staff: 20 (3 person Cath teams)
· Number of Cases per Day (on average): 15 + Including diagnostic and interventional heart caths, diagnostic and interventional peripheral studies, AAA stent grafts, Electrophysiology studies, Ablations, ASD ,and PFO closures. Insertion of ICD's and pacemakers, TEE's, and cardioversions.
· Skill Mix: Registered Nurses, CV Surgical Technologists, and Paramedics
· Major Equipment Used: GE and Phillips Cath Lab Equipment, Mac Lab Hemodynamic Monitoring System, Heart Labs Imaging System, IVUS and 3D mapping.
· Special Certifications Needed: BLS and ACLS through the American Heart Association
· Special Skills or Competencies Needed: Past EKG/telemetry training course preferred with ability to demonstrate proficiency in rhythm interpretation; past Cardiac Cath Lab or critical care nursing experience preferred
· Schedules: 8 and 10 hours shifts are available with on-call requirements; department hours are Monday through Friday 7-3:30PM depending on case load. Flexible scheduling available.
· Dress Code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their own); RNs wear royal blue.