|Facility:||New Hanover Health Network|
|Location:||Wilmington, North Carolina
|Company:||New Hanover Health Network|
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Noninvasive Cardiac Services and lead Ultrasound tech. Performs Diagnostic Echocardiography Ultrasound procedures for ordering physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
1. Performs all diagnostic Echocardiography Ultrasound procedures per standard protocols under the supervision of a Cardiologist for neonatal through geriatric patients.
2. Completes examinations by documenting all appropriate procedural related information.
3. Provides for patient’s physical and emotional needs in a wide variety of circumstances.
4. Transports patient as needed for all sections of the Noninvasive Cardiac Services Department.
5. Provides customers with instruction regarding the procedure appropriate information pertinent to their exams.
6. Performs/documents QA and QC per protocol.
7. May perform moderate of waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
8. After hours call duty.
9. Performs all duties necessary to ensure the harmonious operation of the Echocardiography Ultrasound section.
10. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Work requires knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a one/two year Echocardiography Ultrasound program.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. AHA BLS CPR Certification required. Some departments have additional advanced CPR requirements as listed on staff annual education record.
3. Experience: One to two years preferred.