OZARKS MEDICAL CENTER
At Ozarks Medical Center we take pride in the fact that we are neighbors providing care to neighbors. We provide the compassionate care our patients deserve, while continually striving to bring advanced health care to the region through the development of new services, the acquisition of new equipment and the recruitment of high-quality health care professionals.
OMC is a 114-bed, not-for-profit medical referral center serving an 11-county area in south central Missouri and north central Arkansas with its main facility located in beautiful West Plains. OMC employs approximately 1,000 people and serves a population base of 170,000. With more than 100 doctors, OMC has a strong core of primary care physicians as well as numerous specialists. OMC is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Nestled in the “Heart of the Ozarks,” West Plains has a strong community atmosphere, abundant outdoor recreation opportunities, top quality education, a safe setting and soul-soothing beauty that draws in people from around the country. You will find the area offers big city conveniences, entertainment and amenities with the appeal of small town values and charm. Here is just some of what West Plains has to offer.
· Twice recognized as one of “The Best 100 Small Towns in America.”
· Voted second “Best Town to Live In” by the publication Rural Missouri.
· Named as a “Dream Community” in 2006 by Gov. Matt Blunt.
· Named an “Accredited Main Street Community,” one of only six towns in the state to earn the distinction.
· Home to Missouri State University-West Plains, which offers a number of bachelor's and master's programs.
· Home to MSU-West Plains Grizzly women's volleyball and men's basketball athletic programs, part of the National Junior College Athletic Association at the Division One level.
· Local schools that have low student-to-teacher ratio, a comprehensive program for college-bound students, a quality teaching staff and consistently achieve Triple A ratings. 2010 Bronze Medal Winner from US News and World Report as one of the Best High Schools in the Nation!
· A well-trained police, fire department, county sheriff's department and Missouri State Highway Patrol.
· Crime rates among the lowest in the country.
Come enjoy life as it should be in the beautiful Ozarks. Nestled With plenty of outdoor and indoor recreation opportunities, you'll stay busy all year round. Here is just a small portion of what the area has to offer.
· 350 miles of floatable streams
· 125 miles of trails
· 40 campgrounds and picnic sites
· Two challenging 18-hole golf courses
· One of the finest dirt track facilities in the nation
· Amenities including an aquatic park, batting cages, skate park and city parks.
· A short drive from several massive lakes, perfect for boating, fishing and water recreation.
· A thriving downtown with a unique mix of retail shops, restaurants, coffee shops and a community theater.
· A number retail districts throughout the city.
· A Civic Center, which offers indoor walking area, pool, sauna, fitness room, exhibit hall and theater that host numerous entertainment and educational events each year.